Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Maggie Sue Bird



Hello fellow literators! Maggie is just a little angel and such a peaceful little spirit. We are both doing well and she is breast feeding like a champ and I am enjoying every bit of her! I know you all have heard me speak vocally about how hard things were after Grace was born, and how nervous I was for this one to come, but I have to say that my experience so far has been vastly different! I love to just hold her and stare at her and I am actually enjoying breast feeding, which wasn't the case last time. She really has a peaceful spirit about her and all I want to do is be near her. I am so grateful that I am enjoying having her here with us!
Grace is adoring her new little sister and role as "big sister" but she is going through a bit of a hard time now that she doesn't have our undivided attention. That has definitely been a struggle. Any suggestions? Love my girls and love being a mom!
Anyway, I hope that I am going to be able to make it to the retreat, we'll just have to play it by ear!
-Lilli

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Lilli-I'm so happy that you are feeling happy. Having experienced what you did with Grace's birth, I would guess that you are relishing these beautiful feelings even more having been on the flipside before.

Gracie is adorable! I can totally relate to the little changes in her behavior. Even though Kohner was a little older when Hadley was born, we all struggled with adjusting to the new dynamic of our family. Having two little people that I loved and needed to take care of in very different ways was hard for me and having to relinquish time with Dave and I to this new person that he didn't even know was hard for Kohner. Just give it some time and try to be patient. It is ultimately so important and wonderful for them to have a sibling.
All my love to you!!

Natalie said...

Sorry! I'm not meaning to monopolize-I just wanted to suggest a couple of things to you lill-
Make sure you make time to do some of the normal things from your routine with Grace, and try to make time for some new special things too. Be patient and empathetic to her as much as possible as she adjusts. Don't let her get away with everything, just some things, with respect to her frustrations. I think the more normal you can make her life feel and the more important you can make her feel, the better! Easy, right:)!!

Lorilee said...

Congratulations Lilly! I'm so excited for you. Maggie looks darling, and I love love love the name. Good Job!

the mama monster said...

lilli- maggie is so darling! i love her chubby round little face. as for advice on gracie, what really helped ezra was having "dates" with me. we would go to target by ourselves and get popcorn and a toy car ( i know grace like popcorn too) or go to jamba juice or the park or something. it also really helped to make a big deal about ezra helping with things like bringing me the babies binkie or diaper or whatever. like natalie said try not to let the naughty things that grace might try to get away with, be a big deal. can't wait to meet her and see you guys!

Elena said...

Congrats Lil!!! I am so happy for you and your family! Cherish every cuddle. Much love, E.