Wednesday, July 2, 2008

missing bridgette already

i thought it might be fun to put up some pics of bridgette from our younger years......

this one has our brothers too--is that bridgette with a binky?? maybe that's where kate gets her undying devotion for them :)


here we are enjoying some cake--bridgette is a little more into it than me!
"taste it, taste it...." right, bridge ;)

i'm both extremely excited for bridgette and sad for me. i have had the most amazing and supportive sister for so many years close by & now its quickly coming to an end. life will be strange without seeing her almost daily!! kate is going to miss her cousins--it has been so fun watching them grow this first year together (& auntie bridgette is the only one kate wants that is as good as me when she needs some loving!) she is also the one that listens to me whine (or cry) when i've had a rough day.....the many hats she fills!

i love you & will miss you--your big sis :)

sorry the pics aren't the greatest--the scanner is still somewhere in a box & i didn't have time to find it.....

3 comments:

Natalie said...

We will miss her too!! I can imagine the impact her move will have on both of your lives Holly! You guys will adjust to new ways of staying close. When my mom moved (to Ogden, but still out of my daily life) I had to carve out a new routine day to day-it made me more independent. We have also had close cousins move far away (to NY then Japan!) and although I worried that the kids relationships would suffer and not be as close since they only see each other once a year, I am proved wrong every summer when they pick up right where they left off the year before without skipping a beat!! You'll be fine, especially if you keep coming to club!! We love you!
Love, Nat

Carly said...

We are going to miss you Bridgette! Who else will fill the void of corsets, petticoats and love amid the tumultuous 1800s that will surely be left behind?! You add such a great element to our club, but I'm excited for you and your little family to start a new adventure in the South. After all, Georgia is one of the most romantic backdrops in early literature so it should fit you like a glove! Keep reading and stay in touch!

Bridgette said...

Wow, you are all making me emotional already! I love you all! Thanks for the tribute Holl!(Ditto to all you said!)